Crime prevention is the attempt to reduce victimization and to deter crime and criminals. The Vermont State Police specifically wish to reduce crime, enforce the law, and maintain criminal justice for all Vermonters.
Learn About Crime in Your Community
- Look at the CrimeReports map for your neighborhood.
- Review Crime Statistics through the Vermont Crime Information Center.
- Submit an anonymous tip via text online or with an iPhone or Android app.
- If you see something, say something. In the event of an emergency, call 911.
- Learn important tips about protecting yourself and your family.
- Secure your home and property to prevent crimes of opportunity.
Receive Offender Notifications
- Sign up for notifications when a sex offender moves to your town.
- Obtain reliable and timely notifications about criminal alien release from custody from Homeland Security Investigations.
- Register to recieve notifications from the Victim Notification and Information Service through the Vermont Department of Corrections.