Full time Emergency Communication dispatchers and E-911 call takers are classified employees of the State of Vermont. Pay and benefits are determined under the contract of the Vermont State Employee’s Association.
The State of Vermont and the Department of Public Safety also provide a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid annual and sick leave (amount determined by length of service)
- Compensatory time off for overtime worked
- Compensation for state observed holidays
- Paid training
- Deferred compensation plan
- Shift differentials
- Tuition reimbursement
Part-time employees are are paid for time worked including any shift differential. They do not receive longevity salary increases like the full-time, classified positions and are paid according to the Department of Personnel temporary employee pay-scale. These positions are not eligible for any benefits.