The Support Services Division is commanded by Major Ingrid Jonas, who also serves as the department's Executive Officer. The division provides the support, planning and infrastructure necessary for the department and assesses needs to keep each division operational.
The Support Services Division includes our two Emergency Communication Centers, the Office of Fair and Impartial Policing and Community Affairs and the department's Staff Operations Section.
The Vermont State Police is committed to fair and impartial policing and has developed and implemented a comprehensive program to ensure fair and impartial policing practices at all levels of the state police. This office oversees both the Internal Affairs Unit and our Professional Standards office.
- The Internal Affairs Unit is responsible for assuring that the Vermont State Police uphold the expected conduct standards in order to preserve the trust of the citizens we serve.
- The Office of Professional Standards is responsible for systematically conducting internal reviews and assessments of agency policies and procedures.
This office oversees several operational functions of the department, notably our training and recruting office and the alarms program.
- The Office of Professional Development/Training Division is responsible for the recruitment, selection and training of new troopers, as well as the continuing training of our current force.
- The Office of Technology Management, which maintains the department’s computer network, including the mobile data computers in many of the marked cruisers.
- The Alarms Program administers the Vermont State Police alarm response policy.
- Fleet Services which is responsible for the care and maintenance of the department’s motor vehicle fleet.